Friday, January 27, 2012

Blueberry Crumb Cake

Fabric kit for Star Spangled
I've been working on a new fabric line and patterns so haven't been sewing......but at least I still get to play with fabric and obsess about the quilts I'd like to make!  








One of them is a kit for "Star Spangled" that we put together with Blackbird Design's newest fabric line, Blueberry Crumb Cake.  The  fabric is in the shop now and it's lovely!    This quilt was gorgeous at Market and we just had to have it!  It's hard to see how terrific the cross stitch fabric is as the background, but believe me, it is!  You can choose either the darker tan background or the whiter background, both cross stitch fabric.


Also available is Blackbird's newest book, "Weekend":  We've been fans of Blackbird Designs for a long time!  Alma and Barb are two of the nicest people, and so very talented!  We usually have at least one of their projects going as a block of the month....currently we have "Pressed Flowers"  which I absolutely love.  I'm making that one and I'm behind--I know, you're all shocked that I would be behind and needing to play catch-up!  Pam also discovered one last complete set for "Evening Bloom", that gorgeous  red & gray/taupe quilt from their book "When the Cold Wind Blows" so if you've been saying "could-a, should-a, would-a" this could be your lucky day!  Thanks for checking in!  TTFN*


*TTFN is "tah-tah- for now" which is how Tigger, as in Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, too, always said goodbye.  My boys loved Tigger, cuz he's "bouncy pouncy, full of fun, fun, fun!" and they were always quoting Tigger and telling their Grandma TTFN!  Mom hated to say goodbye, so she adopted TTFN as her own! Now, I find myself using it; it is way better and less final than goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment