Tuesday, November 9, 2010

We're appliqueing on UTube!

We've been trying since last fall when our first applique book, Folk Art Blooms, came out to get an instructional video up on UTube about the method we use to applique.  I'm sorry it's taken so long to get this up and running but apparently I talk too much and it had to be broken down into three parts.  It's really rather embarrassing seeing & listening to yourself but I hope you can pick up a hint here or there. Or, you can just have a good laugh; I know Pam did!  Please be kind as you watch; my son Ross is behind the camera, and we really are a bunch of amateurs!  If you decide to watch, the links I've added right under the quilt header will take you right to UTube.  Part 1 is mostly about the tools, moving on to the prep work in part 2, and ending with the actual applique in part three with tips for star points.  Hope it helps!  Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting this up. Its a great refresher course and makes me want to stitch instead of prepare blocks which I have to do. Has anyone figured out how to skip the preparation? Just kidding of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the blog, Janet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sandi and Jan! I know what you mean about preparation, Sandi! I have some of that to do myself before we head to Florida. Remember, you rest, you rust!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I love that..you rest, you rust. Its going to be my very next stitchery. But watch it, you can rust easily in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking today, that I could use a little "rust" time!

    ReplyDelete