Saturday, November 17, 2012

We've Been There and Back!

I'm not sure what we were thinking, but Pam & I decided, at the last minute no less, to stay after quilt market and set up a booth for Quilt Festival.  That's what some might call a Bird Brain idea!   This meant 12 days in Houston--I've never been away from home or work for that long before, and since it's now almost Thanksgiving and we are just thinking we might be able to sleep past 3:30 am,  I'm not sure I ever want to be gone that long again, at least not before I retire!









We had a great time; it was like a vacation in that we were away from work, even though we were working, staying in a motel, eating out every night, neither of which is all that it's cracked up to be except for the not cooking part!  Our new crazy cows with the safety pins on their udders (I was in a hurry and desperate for something to use for teats and safety pins fit the bill!) were a huge hit! Texans were either thrilled they didn't have horns, or were planning to add horns....the dairy people of the Midwest were mostly fine with them just the way they were.  Some  jokingly referred to the pins as piercings- as in the cow equivalent to a belly or nose piercing, I believe!




Meanwhile, we've been digging out here at home at the Barn trying to get ourselves caught up and back in the swing of things.  It's been so long since I've blogged, Pam is threatening to remove the blogger link from the web page-I'm fine with that, but, once again, I find myself, recommitting myself to do better!  It's a never ending quest-this always doing and/or being better!  We'll see how long I last this go round!  I do have lots to tell you about so I'll be parceling it out a bit at a time so at least my re-commitment will last a bit longer!

I don't have Quilt Market or Festival pictures to show you-we were busy there also: we did three different book signings, an interview with Pat Sloan for talk radio(we'll share expected air date when known), and Checkers filmed us doing our crazy demo.  Oh and here's a link of our bit we stumbled through for Fat Quarters Shop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD0DoSMoius&feature=plcp It's a wonder we got any shopping done but at least you can see the new lines we have coming in the future.

Meanwhile, our new fabric line, Wingin' It has arrived and is in the shop.  Our friend Sandi remade our Spring Fever quilt using this line-doesn't it look great? She and her sister Val have sewed countless stitches for me and have earned my eternal thanks!  That's it for now!  Will talk to you soon!  

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog so please keep on posting even if it is infrequent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try and keep up! Thanks for the encouragement! Go ahead and nag if I fall behind!

      Delete
  2. I love your designs! I am working on Folk Flowers at the moment & loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leeanne! I'm glad you enjoy being crazy! Be sure and post your Folk Flowers on our Facebook page so everyone can enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Don't give up posting! I enjoy reading what you gals are up to. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete