Sunday, October 14, 2012

Let me catch my breath...

Our latest book, "Crazy til the Cows Come Home" is on the presses, with a delivery date of this week, we hope!  Keep your fingers crossed!  It was a mad dash and then some to get it finished, but way back when, say a couple weeks ago, when the sun was still shining, I finished this block for the new  "Hearts Come Home" quilt and remembered I'd promised to share a picture of my sunflowers that I planted along the chicken coop.








So here you go!  They were awesome!  It was a combined effort since I plan and plant while my husband takes on the task of watering, weeding, and nurturing!  Now that fall has well and truly arrived, the birds will get to enjoy also!













You may remember that we moved our oldest son to California so he can finish up school, and it was quilt show, and he was homesick, and I was missing him, and then he broke the news he's not going to be able to come home for Thanksgiving..... I think you can see how the idea for this particular quilt was formed!











Speaking of quilt show, it was great fun, and if you missed it this year, be sure to put it on your calendar for next year!  Pam and I aren't getting any younger you know!  Here's the new quilt, "Quilt Show" to tide you over till then!













One of the best things about our annual outdoor quilt show is the fun people we meet and the lasting friendships that have been formed.  For the last few years, this group of ladies, our "California Girls" have come each year and stayed at the retreat center in Reardan (they are why it's always booked during quilt show week!)






And look what RuthAnn taught me about seam ripping....pretty clever, huh?  The things you learn at the Buggy Barn!
I'll leave you with Quilt Show 2012 pictures....I'm serious about putting it on your calendars!  The last weekend in August every year that's not Labor Day weekend which will apply in 2013!  So mark it now, August 24 and 25, 2013!

















No comments:

Post a Comment