|Christmas Poinsettias Wool Mat|
|Crazy Tom Turkey|
2. Does your family have a favorite holiday tradition? Really, family has always been the tradition. The more the merrier!
3. Did you like or hate sitting on Santa's lap? I was always scared of Santa. I remember one year, I finally decided I was old enough and that this was my year to finally sit on Santa's lap. Mom and I waited in a very, very, long line until it was finally my turn.....and guess what? I never have sat on Santa's lap!
4. Was there a gift that I really desperately wanted and did I get it? Oh probably....my sisters would ALL say absolutely since they think I've always been spoiled. I still have a gift box from my favorite clothing store when I was in high school. In the bottom of the the box is writtern in my mom's handwriting: "Merry Christmas Janet- Christmas for you wouldn't be complete without something from La Chapina so here's a box."
5. What's your favorite holiday movie? It's "White Christmas" because I was always dreaming & hoping for a white Christmas; I still do, but now I'm showing my age and I'd just rather it didn't stick around quite so long!
6. Favorite holiday song? We'll, you'd think it might be "White Christmas" but I have this " Home Alone 2" CD that I love to listen to as I cook. It's also good for blasting when it's way past time for the kids to get up on Christmas morning....since we go to church on Christmas Eve, that's become a bit a tradition for them....being awakened to the soundtrack of "Home Alone 2"..... Blasting Silent Night just doesn't get the same results!! My very very favorite, though, is "O Holy Night"
7. Do you make many holiday presents? What do you like to give? Well, it sounds all well and good to make my holiday presents but when would I fit that in? I do love to give and enjoy discovering that perfect something when I'm least expecting it. We also like to give back and try and volunteer together as a family around Christmas when the kids have school break.
8. Would you prefer a large fully decorated tree or one like Charlie Brown's tree? It's probably more like Charlie Brown's since I like decorating with all the ornaments my kids have made over the years.
9. If you could go back in time, when would you say was your most favorite holiday memory? I know you've all heard it before but it's my favorite! If there's snow, we like to play in the snow. One year, when Pam's girls were little, we'd lay down on the sleds and let the little ones ride down on our backs. Well, my Uncle Jess made the mistake of heading down the hill by himself, and we just couldn't allow that! So as we're walking back up the hill and Jess came by, we all hopped on, one after the other. Now we've never been petite, and when that poor man had three of us piled on his back, he couldn't even hold his feet up off the ground and ended up wearing holes in the toes of both of his brand new Christmas boots!
10. Do you like a big family gathering at the holidays or.....we can just stop right there as I'm sure you've gathered we like big family gatherings! However, we have been known to enjoy a HOT BUTTERED RUM (my secret word) at the end of the day.
Now we can't forget the free project. I was thinking gift giving when I was deciding on a project..Hope you all enjoy our "Christmas Coasters". Don't forget to collect all the secret words, one for each of our postings. Go to the Henry Glass blog between November 20026, 2011 and post the complete list to be entered to win the grand prize fabric give-away. We will be including a fat quarter bundle of our newest, not yet in stores, fabric line, "Put Your Heart in It". Henry Glass has generously agreed to donate a portion of the proceeds of sales from "Put Your Heart in It" to breast cancer research
|We've Been Good All Year!|
Hope everyone is having fun! Be sure to continue the party and hop over and visit: