Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Need Your Very Own Prince Charming?

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, are you in need of your very own Prince Charming? One you can snuggle up with on the couch?  This one's perfect don't you think?  I made this quilt for Pam's granddaughter,













and it all started with this poster that I had in junior high.  When mom was gone and I finally had to clean out my bedroom, this poster was still hanging in my closet and I decided to pass it on to Maisie with the advice that she has to kiss a lot of toads before she finds her handsome prince!   Then I even found some earrings for her birthday, one stud is pink rhinestone lips and the other is a frog!  Of course, I had to buy two pairs of earrings, one set of lips and one set of frogs but now we each have our own set of earrings, not that I've ever worn mine!   So now as we head back to our sewing machines, we can stop by and give our "real" prince charming a smooch for putting up with our neglect as we cut, and shuffle, and piece our way toward another new quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment